cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC-2112 Client count limit

msv
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am aware that I can only have a total of 12 AP's on the WLC2112, but I read somewhere that the controller has a hard limit of 254 client connections.  Is this true?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ha ha Ask me 100 more i wont mind.. will help you out..

Yes you can use in that way as well.. however the features that are supported on 2100 are very limited compared to 440X or 5508.. here is the feature set link..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/wireless/controller/7.0/configuration/guide/c70ovrv.html#wp1069311

lemme know if this answered your question and please mark it as answered if this answered your question..

Regards

Surendra

====

Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes you are right.. the WLC that you have support just 256 clients max. it will be great if you could go for a powerfull WLC like 440X or 5508 series to get the best..

Lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards

Surendra

====

Please dont forget to rate the usefull post which answered your question or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

So what would be the client limit on the 440x or the 5508?

Thanks

Hi,

2000 = 256 clients

4000 = 1,500 clients

4100 = 1,500 clients

4402 = 2,500 clients

4404 = 5,000 clients

WiSM = 10,000 clients

5508 i dont remenber on top of my head.

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards

Surendra

====

Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

If I buy one of the 44xx series, would i be able to use my wlc2112 as a secondary controller?

Thanks

yes you can...

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards

Surendra

====

Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

One last question, I promise Can I use another WLC-2112 for a total of 2, and split the AP's between them in the same environment instead of buying the 44xx or 5508 model?  I am assuming that would allow me to have a total of 500+ clients?

Also, and if the above is possible, would I be able to set the AP's as primary for one WLC and secondary for the other?

Thank you

ha ha Ask me 100 more i wont mind.. will help you out..

Yes you can use in that way as well.. however the features that are supported on 2100 are very limited compared to 440X or 5508.. here is the feature set link..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/wireless/controller/7.0/configuration/guide/c70ovrv.html#wp1069311

lemme know if this answered your question and please mark it as answered if this answered your question..

Regards

Surendra

====

Regards
Surendra BG

Thanks, I understand, but I know that I only need support for 300 to

400 client max and that is why I am trying to avoid the more expensive controllers

ok.. in that case. no need for a heavy WLC!!

Regards

Surendra

====

Regards
Surendra BG
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card