Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 2504 config help

Narmi2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys

I am setting up wireless network in my office using WLC 2504. I have gone through the basic setup wizard but want to use GUI instead of CLI. But don't know how to bring GUI. As on my laptop I dont have serial port so console cable is connected to USB port of my laptop. But with this I cant bring the GUI via any browser. Accordign to WLC config guide "Connect pc to the service port". Now on WLC 2504 there are four ports besided console. Which one will be service port? Am I doing something wrong? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Imran

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1.  Make sure HTTP/HTTPS is enabled.

2.  Connect to any one of the 4 ports provided.

Can you guide me step by step how to connect and what cables to connect to what?

I have blue console cable connected to usb converter. In order for GUI to work my LAN connection should be up. Which with console cant be. So I connected cat5 cable to port1 on WLC and other end to my pc. Changed IP adr on my pc to 192.168.1.10 but it still won't work.

Zahan Al-Rashid
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same problem, I have setuo management IP; enabled port 1; but can't access GUI. Is there a gudie out their on how to do this? On the 5500 etc there is a specific port for management but not on 2504s.

Hi ,

(WLC) >config network webmode enable

(WLC) >config network secureweb enable

You must reboot for the change to take effect.

If you are still having the issue then try these 2 commands and check it.

config network mgmt-via-wireless enable

config network mgmt-via-dynamic-interface enable

Hope it helps.

Regards

This is a great help if you can access the console port to configure the controller. But what if you only want to use the GUI without the CLI? I remember configuring a WLC 2504 from the box without even bothering with the console port and could succesfully install/implement it. Problem is I lost my personal documentation as how to do this. Any ideas? Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card