cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 2504 configuration issue with IPv6

cnogueral
Level 1
Level 1

A customer is performing the ipv6 implementation. the wlc is currently being configured, the ipv6 address was set in the management interface, this ip responds ping from the core, but from another vlan in the network does not respond ping. I would like to know what should be checked in the configuration so that you have an answer from another vlan.
additionally verifying the configuration for the APs, you can only put the IP as ipv4 or ipv6, but the documentation says that it works as a dual stack. I would like to know how to configure the part of the APs so that it works as a dual stack and that in the same way towards wireless clients it works ipv6 

2 Replies 2

pieterh
VIP
VIP

first that comes up is : the core does not route between those ipv6 networks!

did you already find (and read) the Cisco Wireless LAN Controller IPv6 Deployment Guide?

Yes, the revision of the guide has been done but we have the doubt of the dual stack configuration in the case of APs On the other hand, APs do not use flexconnect, as I see in that case the recommendation is to enable multicast for ipv6, is that correct?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card