cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 2504 not able to add license via GUI, commands tab is not available in software activation

Arun More
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I am trying to add the 15 AP adder license via GUI for 2504 WLC with 8.5 version in HA N+1, note that as per guide i should be getting as below

Step 1

Choose Management > Software Activation > Commands to open the License Commands page.

But commands is not available in software activation TAB it just shows license  and license usage.

Can any one please help with it.

2 Replies 2

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Which licensing system do you have enabled on the WLC?
I'm not anymore sure how it was before the RTU models, like your 2504. In any case, you can also do it through the CLI, is probably easier.
Is your primary WLC currently the active? I think you can only install the license if the Primary is the active.
Please note, you need to reboot the WLC after installing the new license.
Installation guide: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-5/config-guide/b_cg85/managing_licenses.html#ID348

Hi Arun,

Check whether HA-SKU is enable or not. If its enabled the you won't get the option for installing the license.

If controller enabled with HA-SKU it will be consider as a Secondary device, Where on Secondary WLC's license will be a maximum count the WLC supports. When fail-over happens it will consume the license based on the AP count on the controller at present.

HA N+1 Licensing

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card