Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 3504 - Unable to ping Redundancy Mgmt IP of Standby Unit via Wifi

thuy.hoang
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Buddy,

I have 2 x WLC 3504 with SSO HA configuration (version 8.8.125.0).

I can ping and SSH to Mgmt IP and Redundancy Mgmt IP of active unit, BUT  I am unable to ping and SSH to Redundancy Mgmt IP of standby unit via my Wifi on laptop.

I tried with another brand wireless on same segment with Cisco wireless then it was still can not ping.

If i tried with Ethernet LAN on laptop, it works normally

Im surely that I already enabled the Managment WLC via Wireless option.

Im not sure if it is a behavior of Cisco or not.

Could anyone have experience with that to help me on this case?

Thank you.

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
From my experience a few years back, you should be able to ping and ssh the RP ip, but that was on code v8.5. You sure you don’t have any cpu acl’s? You try to failover and see if you can access the using the RP? Sometime I have to failover because some config didn’t sync.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi @Scott Fella ,

Thanks so much for your reply.

I also thought the "Management over wireless" configuration was not sync to hot-standby, but when I checked the configuration on hot-standby, I also saw this feature was enabled.

I will try to switchover in maintenance windows and let see something will happen.

Switchover is none impacting if everything is synced and working. I use to do this all the time:) if you can ssh to the standby RP interface from a wired network, then maybe it’s not supported. I have never tried that on wireless as we had to hit the devices from a jump box.
-Scott

Hi @Scott Fella ,

I tried with my another customer is running version 8.5.140 and It can ping via Wireless. I am not sure if it is the bug or not.

Thanks.

So with this other customer that you can ping, is it working or not?
-Scott

Yes, I did a test in others cumtomer and it can work. But in the customer that running v8.8, it is still not working.

Thanks.

I would open a TAC case then to see if it’s a known bug or not. Unless you have a lab and can’t reproduce it, it’s kind of hard. Typically in a lab you would test and then upgrade or downgrade and see if you have the same results.
-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card