Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 4402 and AIR-LAP1142N-E-K9 Radio0 not present/present

Denis Reshetov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

We have WLC 4402 and some AIR-LAP1142N-E-K9.

Most of AP work properly, but 2 have problems.

They work normal Radio0 and Radio1 were present.

802.11a/n admin status was DOWN and 802.11b/g/n was UP as configured on WLC.

One day, after reload two APs have Radio0 not present, Radio1 is present. sometimes after reload Radio0 become present, but it becomes not present after some reload. and so on.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Kayle Miller
Level 7
Level 7

Denis,

I have seen this in 2 seperate instances with the 1142's in 1 instance the AP's were defective (it was like 3 out of 100+); the other instance I have seen similar behavior was on a 6.0.x.x code release and I actually had to factory reset the AP to IOS then back to Lightweight after which it never happened again.

It is a new installation and only a couple AP's are behaving like this I'd RMA them, if it is an existing install that has been running for a long time and now it has become an issue, I'd try resetting the AP's first then RMA them.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've seen this several times.  When I was using the 6.0.X and 7.0.98.0 code.

It happens to any AP (1240, 1250, 3500, 1140).  What happens is that the radio "crash".   This is evident when you look into the flash of the AP in question and you'll see a file/directory called "rX.core" where "X" is either a "0" or a "1" and this signifies which radio went south-of-the-border.

This is normally rectified if you just reboot the AP.

If reboot doesn't fix it then RMA it.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Kayle Miller
Level 7
Level 7

Denis,

I have seen this in 2 seperate instances with the 1142's in 1 instance the AP's were defective (it was like 3 out of 100+); the other instance I have seen similar behavior was on a 6.0.x.x code release and I actually had to factory reset the AP to IOS then back to Lightweight after which it never happened again.

It is a new installation and only a couple AP's are behaving like this I'd RMA them, if it is an existing install that has been running for a long time and now it has become an issue, I'd try resetting the AP's first then RMA them.

Hope this helps.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've seen this several times.  When I was using the 6.0.X and 7.0.98.0 code.

It happens to any AP (1240, 1250, 3500, 1140).  What happens is that the radio "crash".   This is evident when you look into the flash of the AP in question and you'll see a file/directory called "rX.core" where "X" is either a "0" or a "1" and this signifies which radio went south-of-the-border.

This is normally rectified if you just reboot the AP.

If reboot doesn't fix it then RMA it.

Denis Reshetov
Level 1
Level 1

All our AP is ligtweigh with code 7.0.116.0

Theese 2 APs worked for about month or two and then after reboot Radio0 become not present. One AP seems to be OK after reset to factory default, but reset dont help to the second AP.

anyway thanx for help. I'll try to test the first and RMA the second

Thanks for the ratings. 

I try to reload first AP again and have not present Radio0 now. LOL.

RMA the AP as there was a bad batch of radios that were released from manufacturing last couple of months. We had a few.

A "warning" to everyone using 1140 ...

Whether or not you are using Autonomous IOS or CAPWAP and before you deploy the 1140, please try to upgrade the bootstrap to 12.4(23c)JA1.

1.  Go HERE to download the bootstrap file from Cisco;

2.  The command to "load" the file into your 1140 AP is:  copy tftp:///c1140-boot-m.124-23c.JA1.bin bs:

3.  Reload

I can't disclose as to WHAT will this bootstrap fix. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: