cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 Config File failing with tftpd64

Ferric
Level 1
Level 1

I am going from a 100 license to a 250 license of the 5508 model.  I have tftpd64 installed on my laptop and my laptop is configured with ip 192.168.1.2 while the controller is 192.168.1.1.  My question is can someone guide me to the correct 

'path" configuration for the controller using the laptop as my tftp server

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Firstly can the WLC ping the TFTP server? If not need to make that work first

If windows box that the TFTP server is on make sure firewalls are turned off on it

try the path as . instead of ./

Just confirming you are trying to download to the WLC a backup of a config or install adder licences?

Because that screenshot is you are trying to restore a config to this WLC from the TFTP server

If you are trying to restore the config and TFTP isn't working from the WEBUI you could always use the HTTP upload feature to do this.

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What exactly is failing and which errors are observed ? Provide screenshot (e.g.) 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

The tftp is failing

Firstly can the WLC ping the TFTP server? If not need to make that work first

If windows box that the TFTP server is on make sure firewalls are turned off on it

try the path as . instead of ./

Just confirming you are trying to download to the WLC a backup of a config or install adder licences?

Because that screenshot is you are trying to restore a config to this WLC from the TFTP server

If you are trying to restore the config and TFTP isn't working from the WEBUI you could always use the HTTP upload feature to do this.

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks all!  I was unable to ping the PC from controller.  Once I got that resolved, I was able to download successfully.  First things first....Never assume

Depends on the firmware of the controller but the path can be "/".

the first thing that sticks out to me in your screenshot is the file type is set to config, but you are specifying a controller software image. That's what I would get into order first.

jagan.chowdam
Level 4
Level 4

Are you trying to upload the 150  Add-on AP license to the controller?

Assuming you've already generated the license key using the PAK at Cisco Product License Registration portal, and downloaded it onto your laptop - this license file should be at your TFTP application Root Folder. 

The path syntax should be:  tftp://<tftp server IP address>/<filenameYouDownloaded.lic>

***--Please rate useful posts--***

CJ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: