Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 Licensing moving

oguarisco
Level 3
Level 3

Hello to all,

Since the WLC5508 is AP license based appliance I was wondering if the license which is coming with the box when ordered is attached to the Appliance S/N itself or can be moved to another WLC in case of failure of the existant one?.

thanks for a feedback

Omar

4 Replies 4

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It will come installed on the box if its a standard count. If you buy like a 125 count you will likley have to add the 25 via PAKS. Cisco will send you that license to load. 

Read this about the licenses and RMAs

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-15690

Hope this helps ..

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

You have to place the RMA order for this because it is pre installed license and it can not be moved.

Hello,

I was wondering if the article AIR-CT5508-CA-K9 is purchasable since RMA time are too high for customer without WLC Redundancy ??? Or do you have other suggestion??

Tnx

There is really nothing you can do if you purchased a WLC with a base license. Base license you can't move... Adder license you can. If you had to RMA a WLC with a base license, TAC would work with you to be able to add a license to the new WLC that they send to you if it didn't come with a license already.

You can look at the N+1 using the HA sku WLC. This will have no license you have to buy, but will provide redundancy.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/technology/hi_avail/nplus1_deploy.pdf

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card