Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 - %MM-3-NOTIFY_ERROR_MAC

Mike Lehmann
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I see a lot of messages in my WLC syslog:

*mcListen: Apr 24 08:50:31.093: %MM-3-NOTIFY_WARNING_MAC: [PA]mc_task.c:3466 MC:Delete client message received but client entry not found, sending ACK. Client MAC xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx.

and
*mcListen: Apr 24 08:48:53.694: %MM-3-NOTIFY_ERROR_MAC: [PA]mc_task.c:3480 MC:Delete client message received but time stamp mismatch, not sending ACK, dropping msg. Client MAC xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx.

Unfortunately I cannot find anything about this message in Cisco Docs or in discussions.

Does anybody know about this?

Thx

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Which AireOS version are you on ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

(wlc1) >show sysinfo

Manufacturer's Name.............................. Cisco Systems Inc.
Product Name..................................... Cisco Controller
Product Version.................................. 8.5.120.0
Bootloader Version............................... 1.0.20
Field Recovery Image Version..................... 7.6.95.16
Firmware Version................................. FPGA 1.7, Env 1.8, USB console 2.2
OUI File Last Update Time........................ Sun Sep 07 10:44:07 IST 2014

I just upgraded from 8.5.110.0 to 8.5.120.0 (and rebooted of course) but the messages still appear. I just want to know if these messages are significant or if I can ignore them.

Thx

- If the client has no connectivity problems it's probably harmless

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Are you using new mobility ?

May be this bug has similer symptoms:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvf17488/?rfs=iqvred

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Sorry for delay in reply...

Yes, new mobility is active. But not used yet. I think about using mobility groups.

But regardless I don't think the mentioned bug has something to do with this. The controller doesn't reboot. I even cannot see any problems for clients or performance, but I am concerned about the amount of messages (sure I can reduce it by setting the log level) and the fact that I cannot find any documentation about these messages.

Thx

I have this log entry too with a mac address client that hasnt received an IP address in his laptop...

But searching the mac address in DHCP server leases, it was there! I disconnected the laptop from the wifi, manually detele the DHCP lease and after that, the laptop was able to get a new IP Address, solving the connectivity issue and not showing the log message...

I know it was 2 years old this post but I was searching for this issue and I don't know if this could help you too.

Kind Regards!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card