Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 7.4 and Switch Brocade

Hi everyone,

Wondering with someone out there have been connected Cisco WLC on Brocade Switches. I am doing it now but I am not responsible for the Switch side and don´t know nothing about brocade so far.

It would be great with someone has some tips to share with me.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I get involved in this too with project, but support for other vendor equipment is the key.  Hopefully you can get help in regards to the switches.

Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
  1. Do you want a routed port or a plain Layer 2 switch? 
  2. Do you want GigabitEthernet port or FastEthernet port? 
  3. Do you want copper or SFP port?
  4. Just want to make sure, but do you want 1-, 2- or 4-port?

Whatever your response is, go HERE.

Leo,

Thanks for answer, therefore, I am talking about Brocade Switches. The page I was redirected for shows information about Cisco switches.

Anyway, thanks for try to help.

Flavio,

The link Leo has in his post is the direction of what is typical in a Cisco environment.  It is up to you to work along side your vendor "Brocade", to determine the correct setting on the switch side.  Most of the time, you need to trunk the WLC port if you have more than one vlan you will setup on the wlc.  Alos if you decide to LAG on the WLC, then you need to be able to setup an etherchannel on the Brocade switch that is similar to how Cisco switch is configured.  I would reach out to Brocade for help on that if you are not familiar with how to configure the switches.

Scott 

-Scott

Hi Scott, I see. I was wondering if anybody has already fought against it someday. I am not responsible for the Switches in this project and I am in trouble in getting it done by our partner and was trying to help them. Any way, thank you guys for all.

I get involved in this too with project, but support for other vendor equipment is the key.  Hopefully you can get help in regards to the switches.

Scott

-Scott

I tried searching but could not find anything.  Have you posted on the Brocade community forum?  I would just use one port off the 5508 as a trunk because the LAG is where you might run into an issue.  At least you can get it working I would think.

Scott

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: