Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 8540 Management access lost after saving config

Wireless_Guy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Wireless Team, 
I have a new WLC 8540's running code 8.10.105.0 where the GUI/ SSH access is lost upon saving the config successfully.  Ping to the management IP works, however the GUI will not respond after selecting any config options. Eventually the  browser gives the error : WLC took too long to respond. ( same with other browsers) 

Tried resetting to factory settings and issue occurred again

Temporary solution which I found is to reboot the controller. Let me know if any of you experienced this before. 

WG

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
You should open a TAC case. If this happens on ssh and console, then you have a bug. Have you tried to downgrade and see if you have that same issue?
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Agree with Scott.
Raise a TAC Case.

I have isolated the issue. It only happens when the Radius server "Management" box is checked. I'm currently usinng local credentails. When the management is checked the following log appears

%CLI-3-LOGIN_FAILED: cliutil.c:651 Login failed. User:Press RETURN to get started., Service type:-8. Username/Password length must be between 3 and 128 characters.

If your are not using radius for management device access, then you should not have the checkbox enabled. It’s the same for network users. If you have defined the radius servers on the wlan, you do not need the network users checkbox enabled.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card