Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 9800 AP not broadcasting SSID

piotrPaszk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have assigned tags to my AP, it is registered and admin status is Enabled. The radioes had admin Enabled but operational status Down. Even though It is up now so I do not see any SSIDs

What may be a reason behind that ?

15 Replies 15

Hi @piotrPaszk 

I never work before with 9800, but in old WLC, country code configured on the 9800 and choose and WLAN ID > 16 could be the issue.

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"

**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***

**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**

*Tu reconocimiento nos alienta a seguir participando en los foros *

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"

lallimander
Level 1
Level 1

Please check the following:-

• Verify that Country on WLC code matches with the AP model number.
  • AP is getting required power for radios to operate.
  • 802.11b/g/n and 802.11 a/n/ac are enabled under wireless.
  • Check if AP's in proper AP group which has the required SSID.
  • SSID is in enabled state.
  • SSID is being broadcasted.

Thanks,

Kamaljeet

Jurgens L
Level 3
Level 3

Ensure your AP get sufficient PoE power. For example, if you have a 2800 series model AP, you will need PoE+ or 802.11at

DROswalt1
Level 1
Level 1

I have had this same problem my recommendation is check you wireless drivers. We have older dell that can't see the SSID and others that see the SSID but are unable to communicate. 

The laptop with issues is a 5470 Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 19.50.1.6 - 2017 - More testing to follow. 

My test laptop is an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 on version 20.70.4.2 and doesn't have any issues. 

Let me know if this helps. I have been looking for more information on wireless drivers and the 9800. 

Thanks

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

That happened to me sometimes when configuring AP from CLI.

As the controller allows you to enter any tag name under the APS, it doesn't matter if they exist or not, check RF Profile and RF tag spell. To be sure that they exist, go through the GUI again and use drop box under Configuration > Tags & Profiles > Tags > RF Tag to select proper RF profile in the dropbox, and proper RF tag dropbox under AP provision.

HTH
-Jesus

*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

I agree with what others have mentioned. Make sure you follow the process when you configure your wireless. It is top down and needs to be properly defined and at the end the tag added to the ap. Country code is the biggest issue in some of the earlier 9800 models.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

sobin peter
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Please goto Configuration --> Radio configuration --> Network. There will be a status box for both 5 and 2.4 

Need to click the box to check it and then the radios will be up.

Thanks.

24 Franc
Level 1
Level 1

I played around with site tags and RF profiles.. (hit or miss). it will broadcast SSID on specific Site Tag assignment... and on a different "Site Tag" that has same config (CLI and GUI), does not work.. I stick with a working site tag..

i had issue that i didn't advertised AP name.
configuration, tag&profiles, wlans, pick ssid, advanced, advertise AP name.

Nenday
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I had a similar issue, 

I have 3 SSID diffused, from some computer I can see all but from other I just see one SSID ! 

I'm just using 2.4 and 5 Ghz !!

the AP Model : C9115AXI with WLC 9800

any idea please 

Hi there @Nenday 

You tag contain the SSID and the policies? be sure that your policies are enable.

Hello Dani, 

thank you for your support, yes I check all policies are enable and working well when I try to connect from mobile or some computer, 

yeah, now In the same computer withe the main Wireless card I can't see the SSID's (just one) it's intel card with the latest driver update

when i use external card in the same computer (Realtek) I can see all SSID 

I'm out of idea 

The SSIDs are been broadcasting in 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz?

If you're using just 5 Ghz, tray to change the channel that are u using, try to move to lowest Channels (36,40,44,48)

some diverse don't support all 5 bands channels, its weird, but it happens

The SSIDs are been broadcasting in 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz?

YES

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card