Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

WLC-9800 External dhcp guide

Hi

Having an issue with the 9800 controller setup in sso, where I cant get clients to get a dhcp reply. The aps are up.. the ssid are up..  but external dhcp not so much

I have tried setting it up globally under policy without effect. I have tried setting up the svi with an helper and I can reach the dhcp server . but traffic comes back on the mgmt intf (ap intf) been looking everywhere for some good guides on the 9800 regarding dhcp externally (also the vrf options) does anyone have any good tips here=? 

Everyone's tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
VIP Advisor

Re: WLC-9800 External dhcp guide

Do you see any logs

follow below gude

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/config-guide/b_wl_16_10_cg.pdf

BB
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***
Beginner

Hi,

It would be really useful if someone could give a quick breakdown on the difference between AireOS config and IOS XE ....not getting anywhere fast with the documentation. Thanks.

ED

Beginner

I agree, but I’ve found the docs here fairly useful. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/products-configuration-examples-list.html

Any specific questions feel free to ask in the forums. Once you get the hang of how WLANs are configured through the different GUI screens it gets better. I did stare and compares from our AireOS WLCs and could find most of the same settings in the 9800.
Highlighted
Beginner

I'm also having an issue with a new 9800-L not passing DHCP requests properly.  I'm sure it's a config issue.  On AireOS the relay/proxy setup was all in the interface settings.  You could have it source DHCP requests or ignore and send the requests through the connected switch, which is what I do. 

In the 9800, it looks like the general policy screen has a DHCP text box, but that does nothing.  I've also tried adding SVIs on the 9800 and put in helpers there just to see if it would work and it does not.  A client debug shows a broadcast DHCP request going out, but nothing coming back.  Trunks look good and an AireOS WLC connected to the same switch with the same VLANs is sending DHCP requests fine.

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards