cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC AIR-CT5520-K9

elecommeng
Level 1
Level 1

why i need to order or purchase AP Count licenses (LIC-CT5520-1A) Although the controller has right to use licenses (meaning i can use any number of access point without any needed licenses  ) ?

4 Replies 4

hi

Because you are honest? lol, just kinding.  Yeap, SKU licensing is a bit stranger but believe me, they will as soon as you open up a case.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Hi Flavio,

Agree with you it is a bit  stranger, i think may be in the next versions will be mandatory

I don't think so, it will not be mandatory in the next release. 

As for vWLC everything is going through flexibility, so the use of right to use licenses go in this direction.

Part of the contracts are you have to have licensing for the amount of APs you use on the device. Yes you can turn on the 1500 RTU licenses and it will work, but contractually you would probably be in breach of contract or something.

I don't deal with the licensing myself, but you need the licensing for service etc to be in compliance with Csico.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card