cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC reboot

wfqk
Level 5
Level 5

Hi When we make a change and save the configuration to flash on 5508, one box window appears, which says Are you sure you want to save configuration to flash so that on a reboot the controller retains the configuration?

do you think the controller will reboot after click button "OK"? Thank you

4 Replies 4

Mikey Boy
Level 1
Level 1

No, the WLC will not reboot after a save. It is only warning you that the configuration will remain if you choose to reboot at a later date.

Thank you so much. i think you are right.

here are two questions on the reboot:

1. usually how often do we need to reboot? what functionality it can improve?

2. we have a pair of wlc. so when we just give reboot command to the active one, the backup one would reboot automatically? 

Hi,

I cannot say that with a WLC I have ever had a need to reboot one to improve functionality. There are some settings that once you make them they require a restart to apply, but generally I don't restart wireless LAN controllers.

Yes, if you have a HA pair then restarting the primary will restart the standby.

1. After a software upgrade or a certificate exchange, otherwise you never need to reboot.
2. if they are configured as a HA pair, then both will reboot if you hit the reboot button!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: