cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC Release 8.5

garyleggat
Level 1
Level 1

AP 2702e I could not get the AP to join it say image not on controller but if I connect it back to 8.2 it loads fine connects fine using ap3g2-rcvk9w8-tar.153-3.JG1.tar

Did Also load the AP Bundle on 8.5

6 Replies 6

Hi 

Cab you show the ouput of "show ap bundle all" ?

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Not all APs are supported in 8.5. So what is the exact model of AP?

AIR-CAP2702E-A-K9

Console into the AP and reboot. Post the entire boot-up process. We want to see what the AP is doing (or not).

Manish Mathur
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gary,

Ideally , if a 2700 AP connects to a WLC running 8.2 image , it must not download the image 153-3.JG1. This AP image is available on 8.6 code. The 8.5 code would download image 15.3(3)JF(x) to the APs.

After associating to the 8.2 WLC , does the AP show the image as  ap3g2-rcvk9w8-tar.153-3.JG1.tar ? It should not. That's the recovery image which is the initial image for the AP (before the AP downloads the image from the WLC).

As Flavio said , let's get the output of "show ap bundle all". This output will show if ap3g2 image is present in the WLC bundle or not.

Cheers,

Manish

I was able to join 2700i ok I try again with the 2700e If it doesn't work I add capture

Thanks! 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card