cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC relesase 7.4

Kashish_Patel
Level 2
Level 2

I read in a forum that the IEEE standard version of MFP - 802.11w (called Protected Management Frames - PMF) - will be supported in WLC release 7.4 (expected in early Q1 2013).

Is official maintenance release 7.4 for WLCs out yet? If not, when is it expected? Is it expected to be released for both 4400 and 5500 WLCs?

19 Replies 19

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

7.4.100.0 has been out since 17 December 2012 and will NOT support older 4400/WiSM-1.

For older models, 802.11w is supported in 7.0.240.0.

Yes I saw that...It says Early Deployment, so was wondering if there is more stable maintenance release?

I have no issues with 7.4.100.0.  If in doubt, you can use 7.0.240.0 but be mindful of what APs are supported in different firmwares.

Kashish,

Intersting that you are looking at 802.11w. What are you using this for exactly. I find it borderline useless to be honest.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

George,

Some Windows 8 machines are facing issues connecting to Wifi...Win 8 has support for 802.11w natively and that is preventing them connecting to Cisco Wireless infra because of the latter's lack of support for 802.11w...

Thanks.

Ok, so it more of a connection issue. You are seeing the 802.11w issue with 7.4 code?

‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

Nopes, seeing the issue with 7.0.116.0 code...

So planning to upgrade to a code which has the fix for CSCua29504

Got it ..

We moved to 7.0(236.0) becuase of this issue.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you looked at this doc?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-27213

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Yup already checked that.

So then you know what code is recommended when you upgrade.

-Scott

Yes .. my question was:

Is official maintenance release 7.4 for WLCs out yet?

The 7.4 code on cisco website says "ED", so was wondering when stable MR will be out.

I have not heard of any v7.4, so your best bet is to ask your local SE and see what he/she tells you. I have v7.4 running on various clients with no issues. I don't thing an MR will be bug free.

-Scott

7.4.100.60 (MR1 for 7.4) is out as of May 2013, but when we upgraded we encountered few critical bugs ( 5508 + 3600 & Clean Air enabled). I do not think it is a very stable version based on my experience.

Here is my experience with this 7.4.x & you can see few of bugs we encounter.

http://mrncciew.com/2013/02/10/day-0-with-wlc-7-4-code/

HTH

Rasika

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card