Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC software numbering meaning

hi folks,

could you please help me with the subject? I saw somewhere such document which describes meaning of the each particular number like in IOS versioning but unfortunately can't find it.

thanks in advance!

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ruslan,

This might help or else look at the release notes:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/77131/understanding-access-point-os-images

-Scott

*** Please rate helpful posts ***

-Scott

hi Scott,

sorry for late answer, was a little bit busy.

thanks, close but not that I was looking for.

maybe this information is destined for the partners or not really public, because as I remember there was such explanations: x.y.z.n and x.y - its major and minor version numbers and so on, z - if 100 it's initial release, if 120, than bug fixing, if 133 - it's future adding and so on (it's not exact meaning, I just wanted to give understanding).

something like that.

Pretty simple:

.110 MR1

.120 MR2

.130 MR3

if a code is for example .120.11, that means it's a escalation image and can vary depending on the fix for a customer. 

-Scott

-Scott

yes, very similair to what I'm looking for, where did you find this information:)?

and if I have 8.0.133.0 - what does this mean?

I use to work for CDW a Cisco Partner and this is what you learn:)

8 - Code train

0 - First version for the code train

133 - MR3 with an escalation fix

0 - Escalation version (none here) usually you get these when you open a tac case and they build a fix for you

The 133 basically means that 130 had issues and Cisco had to fix the code and published MR3 with fixes. 

Hope that helps

-Scott 

-Scott

I thought so:)

so 121 - MR2 with escalation fix 2? 113 - MR1 and esc. fix 3? and MR number increasing means implementing new features?

Not really.. 13x x is what're version they decide on and only can be from 0-9. You can say 131 is the first bug fixes and 132 is the second, but it depends on when the code gets published. Escalation images are 133.x

-Scott

-Scott

uhm, oh, cisco as usual, with those sophisticated concepts and unobvious meanings:).

which version is better for upgrade in regular cases?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card