Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC-WLAN and SSID config

0natanael0
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

Im trying to add a SSID to be broadcasted on an AP. This one didnt exist before as I didnt administer the controller, the issue that I have is that I dont need or want to configure an IP in the interface that one has to create; this because there is a dhcp server in the vlan and I just want it to be layer 2 transparent.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to create the interface at the WLC to specify the VLAN ID. Assign an unused IP Address to the WLC. It will not act as a router, just make sure you set "DHCP Proxy mode" to disabled and you´ll get IP addresses from the DHCP Server you have on your LAN.

** Please rate helpful posts **

CCIE #58023

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the dynamic interface doesn't have an IP address then the DHCP request won't know how to get back in.

You need to create the interface at the WLC to specify the VLAN ID. Assign an unused IP Address to the WLC. It will not act as a router, just make sure you set "DHCP Proxy mode" to disabled and you´ll get IP addresses from the DHCP Server you have on your LAN.

** Please rate helpful posts **

CCIE #58023
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card