Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC2504 - GoDaddy.com certificate

smunzani
Level 1
Level 1

Team,

Did anybody try to use godaddy.com SSL certificate with Cisco WLC to get rid of untrusted certificate warning when the guest do captive portal authentication? Godaddy is not root authority and its intermediate authority that's why asking. Can you please guide me to any instructions?           

26 Replies 26

I just recently purchased guestnetwork.org where I am hosting the customers a record and did their cert, because of this very confusion.

Since I own the domain, very fitting name as well, I may just provide this as a service.

But I don't know ..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

edondurguti
Level 4
Level 4

Just my two cents. Godaddy works. I am using it.

Hi Chaps,

having downloaded the certs from godaddy, you get 2 files.

The device cert and a bundle cert. Would i be right in thinking the bundle cert contains both the root and intermediatery certs or do i need to download an additional from the repository?

Cheers,

Nick

I just switched from RapidSSL to GoDaddy and found this post and it was very useful. For future users finding this and wondering if the bundle cert from GoDaddy includes the root and intermeditary, yes it does.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It might not. It might just be the intermediate cert if I remember. You can always view the cert on you PC and export both the intermediate and the root from the device cert. I have had an issue with a vendor bundling up the wrong root ca.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

From certmgr?

i.e. export the root ca from Trusted Root Certification Authorities > Certificates > GoDaddy > Export > DER?

Same for Intermediate Certification Authorities > Certificates > GoDaddy > Export > DER?

Take a look on my post from Sep 10, 2012 9:12 PM.  That shows you haow to view and export the intermediate and the root.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Let me try to show you...

Double click on the device certificate and click on the Certification Path and click on the Intermediate and then View Certificate button

Click on the Details Tab and hit the Copy to File button

The Wizard should open up and click Next

Choose Base-64 and click on the Next button

Save the Intermediate cert somewhere.  You can then rename that cert to have a .txt extension so you can combine the device, intermediate and root in the same text file.

No you can do the same for the root certificate.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Thanks Scott, I think i am 99% there now. last thing i have a question about is the final stage:

pkcs12 -export -in All-certs.pem -inkey mykey.pem -out All-certs.p12 -clcerts -passin pass:TESTTEST -passout pass:TESTTEST

pkcs12 -in All-certs.p12 -out final-cert.pem -passin pass:TESTTEST -passout pass:TESTTEST

When i created the CSR and filled in the applicable details I didn't enter a password in order for it to actually do it. Can I enter any pass here or does it have some relevance? (I know one is specified on the ca upolad page)

TIA,

Nick

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The password when you generate the CSR is not needed. This password is different. This is the one you specify that you need to also enter when you upload the cert to the WLC.

-Scott

Cheers, you've been super helful on this one!

I'll be documenting the whole process to avoid a repeat.

Just make sure you keep a backup of the cert and the password in case you have to RMA the WLC or even factory default the WLC. Heck you can even use it on the other WLC's if you have a need:)

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card