cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1850 as a standalone (Mobility express master)

jfvaliente
Level 1
Level 1

I have just purchased a brand new AIR-AP-1852I-E-K9 for our waiting room.

I have never had a Cisco product before. We always had some cheap consumer APs before.

I connected the AP to the POE and it gets an ip. But the CiscoAirProvision SSID won't show up.

After a lot of research I am a little bit confused. Maybe someone can help me.

- For all i know, i have the wrong firmware on my AP. I need to install the Mobility Express version so the AP can act as standalone.

- I don't have any contract with cisco so I can't download this firmware. Why do I need a contract to download software from Cisco?

Any help would be very appreciated and sorry for my English.

2 Replies 2

myemailstuff417
Level 1
Level 1

Did you get this figured out? I finally got it after a day of messing with it. I'm extremely new to all this. But i can help you out while i still remember how lol   

pieterh
VIP
VIP

at purchase you select the ap with light image or full image

if you register the ap by SN under your account in "my devices" you may be able to download the software

AIR-AP18XX – Is it CAPWAP or Mobility Express?
AIR-AP-1852I-B-K9 – Ships with CAPWAP image
AIR-AP1852I-B-K9C – Ships with Mobility Express image which is built on top of CAPWAP
For Mobility Express, <sh version> on AP should display-  AP Image Type - MOBILITY EXPRESS IMAGE  AP Configuration - MOBILITY EXPRESS CAPABLE

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card