Announcements

Cisco Community Designated VIP Class of 2020

Cisco Aironet Site Survey Utility CB21AG Drivers for Windows 7

Views
Helpful
Comments
Rising star

CB21AG Drivers for Windows 7

Most of us know that CB21AG Drivers for Windows 7 is not available and we need to use Drivers for Windows Vista but it does create issues sometimes.

drivers.jpg

As James Krack mentioned in one of the CSC Discussion

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I installed the drivers and they didn't work right away, I had to uninstall and scan for hardware changes until the card was detected. After that it was fully functional (Internet/Network Access, etc.), of course until I restarted the system.

The problem I am running into right now is that, when Windows 7 is loading it freezes at the windows loading screen (The one with the Windows logo), and the classpnp.sys in safe mode with networking.

I have found a trick that works temporarily. Disable the card in the device manager every time you shut down, and enable it after the computer is restarted. This is a pain but at least works for the time being. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So Neocec posted this great information which will definitely help alot of Cisco customer and partners (Thanks Neocec) :-

The driver for the Cisco Aironet 802.11a/b/g CardBus Wireless LAN Client Adapter (CB21AG) for Windows 7 doesn't work with the Cisco Aironet Site Survey Utility, so we need older drivers from Atheros to get it working. The drivers are attached. Once the drivers are downloaded, follow these steps:-

1) Uninstall the current driver downloaded by Windows update by going into Device Manager, locating the device, right-click and Uninstall.
2) Turn off all Internet connections.
3) Remove the card.
4) Plug the card back in. Automatic driver install will fail so choose to browse for the driver.
5) Select the drivers you downloaded from this post.
6) Once driver is installed, launch the Cisco Aironet Site Survey Utility and it will be working!

For those who want to download the Drivers for XP, Vista and 2000:-

Go to Cisco.com > Support > Download Software > Wireless > Client Adapter and Client Software > Cisco Aironet Wireless LAN Client Adapters > Cisco Aironet 802.11a/b/g CardBus Wireless LAN Client Adapter (CB21AG). Them select the Select a Platform (Vista, XP or Windows 2000).

Link to download the latest drivers for Windows XP, Vista and 2000 (WinClient-802.11a-b-g-Vista-Ins-Wizard-v1.1a):-

Release Notes for Cisco Aironet 802.11a/b/g Client Adapters (CB21AG and PI21AG) for Windows Vista 1.0

Source    

Cisco Aironet Site Survey Utility CB21AG Drivers for Windows 7

3 Comments
Beginner

Cool !!!!!!! Great information ....thanks for sharing

Beginner

Hi,

i have just installed the drivers on Windows 7, 32bit Greek OS.

The card works fine but the site survey software utility did not get installed!

Any ideas what might bw going wrong?

Cheers,

Antonis

Beginner

Yeah I Also Read this but i was thinking what do you think about Windows 10 is this problem also occur in Windows 10

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad

August's Community Spotlight Awards