Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Clay Plaga
Level 3
Level 3

Is there any where I can obtain or purchase a lightweight k9w8 IOS for Cisco 1262n access point. I want to join the access point to a Cisco 5508 WLC on a test network?

Thank you.

3 Comments
Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Clay,

The only way to access downloads is with support. However, that model is already EOS, so you are better off trying to search on the internet for an image file.
Wes Schochet
Level 3
Level 3

Yoou'll need to check the code version on your controller.  1260's look like they were only supported up to version 8.3.150.  Check here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html

Clay Plaga
Level 3
Level 3

Thank you for the help. I purchased a used Cisco AIR-LAP 1262N-A-K9. It's running Boot version 12.4.2.4 & IOS lightweight version 12.4(23c)JA10. It connected to the 5508 with no problem. I do have another question. 

I have an AIR-AP1262N-A-K9 access point running a lightweight IOS version 12.4(23c)JA10.  I have another AIR-AP1262N-A-K9 running an autonomous IOS. Can I convert the autonomous access point to lightweight? I have successfully copied the lightweight IOS over to the access point that's running the autonomous version into Flash. If not, can I configure the autonomous access point to boot the lightweight IOS?

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

French webcast-routing