cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
fatalXerror
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Guys,

I was looking for a while now over the internet for possible confirmation if this is possible. Bear with me as I am not too well verse in wireless.

Is is possible in Mobility Express to integrate to the external DHCP server to serve for the wireless users?

Thank you

3 Comments
Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Short answer is yes. It’s the same you would do for your wired subnets. Typically a dhcp helper pointing to your external dhcp server. It’s best to use an external dhcp so you have one place for management.
fatalXerror
Level 5
Level 5

Hi @Scott Fella , thanks for your feedback. I just asked this because I cannot see Cisco document that talks about that the mobility express WLAN configuration can use an external DHCP server to serve IP to the wireless users, I only see mostly is about its internal DHCP. Thanks again 

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Internal is documented “if” you want to use it, but by default, dhcp “is not” enabled so you must use an external. There is no configuration to use an external dhcp that is done on the wireless, it’s more on your later 3 device.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

French webcast-routing