-Scott

troymaki
Level 1
Level 1

* replied to wrong person

troymaki
Level 1
Level 1

I ran into this today.  I followed your document but I could not login with the username and password created in step 2.  I found another document that had two potential default passwords for the CIMC login.  I used 'password' to login to the CIMC.  It then prompted me to change it after successfully logging in.

jtier
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I followed the instructions in the PDF and am not able to get the workaround to work.

After completing the steps, rebooting and looking, the 5520s are still missing the MICs.

>show certificate all

--------------- Verification Certificates ---------------

-------------- Identification Certificates --------------

jtier
Level 1
Level 1

Interesting find. I did this to both 5520s. After looking at what is the standby 5520 it did not have the Hypervisor box checked. I checked it, rebooted, and now have certificates galore on my 5520s.

So even if you do it appears to be done on both, double check as I did and if one of the two in the HA pair is missing the Hypervisor checkbox you won't have certificates listed in the CLI.

Cody Hensc303
Level 1
Level 1

Nice find on this. I had the same issue and the fix worked for me as well. Just so other people don't have to hunt it down, the default username/password to access that UI is admin/password

Jeffrey Keown
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

thanks guys, i just ran into the same behavior with a customer myself.

not sure if something changed between firmware versions

i'll update the document

Jeffrey Keown
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

thanks again guys for the heads up about the default CIMC credentials.  Updated the PDF to reflect.

janne_aho
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, and thank you Jeffrey for the document.

Here is a short story how this went on my controller. It did not quite follow Jeffrey's instructions.

First I did not manage to access the controller with https. After the image failed to write to the flash because of signature failure many times with http, tftp and ftp I started to find bugs and found this Discussion.

In my controller's imm the "Host Accessible" was first in state "not-Connected". I anyway enabled the check box and clicked save. Web browser lost the connection. I checked the certificates. Every certificate that was previously in some state was lost. I shut down completely the controller - took the power cord even away, powered the system and started the procedure from the cli again - "imm restart". When I went to IMM again and clicked the save button the not-Connected changed to connected and after "system reset" the certificates was fully functional.

xtreme
Level 1
Level 1

Just wondering if this problem was encountered from an out of box 5520 or during a code upgrade?  Could this also be related to cimc firmware upgrade?  Thanks in advance.

taashour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is kind of an old issue , however it is still exists , and typically an RAM is the solution , however I ran into this issue and didnt have the luxury to RMA the box , however it seems the issue is resolved by upgrading the CIMC to 4.1(2k) , and you basically have to also re-seat the flash , at least that is what worked for me , didnt need to go into the CIMC itself and enable the hypervisor though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

French webcast-routing