Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
CiscoSean
Level 1
Level 1

WLAN controller newb here. A power outage took out my home network but upon return my two SSIDs came back and my three APs went blue... everything WiFi related was working as expected. Sometime later I logged into the WLAN Controller web-page to see I have zero APs and only 1 of 2 SSIDs. I assume everything is working as expected because I configured the APs to be in FlexConnect mode. How can I get the APs and the missing SSID back?

5 Comments
Oleg Volkov
Spotlight
Spotlight

hello!

first - view log

CiscoSean
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the idea Oleg. The logs show these repeating messages for all the IPs of my APs:

*spamApTask2: Jan 04 17:02:25.372: %CAPWAP-3-AP_DB_ALLOC: capwap_ac_db.c:155 The system is unable to alloc AP entry in database for 192.168.0.199:52433
*spamApTask2: Jan 04 17:02:25.372: %LWAPP-3-LICENSE_ACQUIRE_ERR: spam_lrad.c:491 Failed  to acquire license from the licensing module, maximum APs Joined 0/3000.

I assume the licensing message is irrelevant as I've never had a license before and everything worked for 12 weeks at a time.

pieterh
VIP
VIP

what kind of controller are you runing.?

"maximum APs Joined 0/3000" is a large number for a home network?

if it really is such a large setup, you may have a redundant controller and the AP's are joined to the other controller?
It may also indicate you were running on a evaluation license before? (and the eval license has expired……)

Oleg Volkov
Spotlight
Spotlight

I think it virtual controller.

please check your licenses.

If You have simple case, May be quick resolve is deploy new VM.

pieterh
VIP
VIP

"worked for 12 weeks at a time."
12 * 7 = very near to a 90-days evaluation period  -> extra reason to check the license

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

French webcast-routing