Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
wingcambodia
Level 1
Level 1

what are different between AIR-AP1830-K9-8-8-100-0.tar and AIR-AP1830-K9-ME-8-8-100-0.zip?

Comments
Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The TAR is a CAPWAP image file. 

The ZIP is APs running Mobility Express.

lukaszziaja
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

<br />

Do you mean files from: Downloads Home/Wireless/Wireless LAN Controller/Mobility Express/Mobility Express for Aironet 1830/Cisco Mobility Express - 8.8.100.0 ?

<br />

If so and If you have CAPWAP AP already with AirOS 8.8.100 and want to change type to Mobility Express you need to download AIR-AP1830-K9-8-8-100-0.tar from Cisco.com to sftp/tftp server. To change the ap type you have to use CLI command "<sftp/tftp>://<server ip-address>/<filename with path from root>

<br />

If you have AP working as a Mobility Express controller with earlier version (example 8.6.x and you want to upgrade to 8.8.100 you have to use AIR-AP1830-K9-ME-8-8-100-0.zip. You can do it via GUI using HTTP, TFTP, or Cisco.com using your Cisco credentials.

<br />

To do all above you have to have valid support contract.

<br />

Regards, Lukasz

lukaszziaja
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
Do you mean files from: Downloads Home/Wireless/Wireless LAN Controller/Mobility Express/Mobility Express for Aironet 1830/Cisco Mobility Express - 8.8.100.0 ?
If so and If you have CAPWAP AP already with AirOS 8.8.100 and want to change type to Mobility Express you need to download AIR-AP1830-K9-8-8-100-0.tar from Cisco.com to sftp/tftp server. To change the ap type you have to use CLI command <sftp/tftp>://<server ip-address>/<filename with path from root>
If you have AP working as a Mobility Express controller with earlier version (example 8.6.x and you want to upgrade to 8.8.100 you have to use AIR-AP1830-K9-ME-8-8-100-0.zip. You can do it via GUI using HTTP, TFTP, or Cisco.com using your Cisco credentials.
Regards, Lukasz

lukaszziaja
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
If so and If you have CAPWAP AP already with AirOS 8.8.100 and want to change type to Mobility Express you need to download AIR-AP1830-K9-8-8-100-0.tar from Cisco.com to tftp server. To change the ap type you have to use CLI command "ap-type mobility-express tftp://<server ip-address>/<filename with path from root>

Regards, Lukasz

lukaszziaja
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,
If so and If you have CAPWAP AP already with AirOS 8.8.100 and want to change type to Mobility Express you need to download AIR-AP1830-K9-8-8-100-0.tar from Cisco.com to tftp server. To change the ap type you have to use CLI command "ap-type mobility-express
Regards, Lukasz
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: