cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Benjamin0608
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

to start with the first problem: i have no expirience with the whole network, vpn and port stuff.

I'm using Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client Version 2.5.2019 at an university network to connect to the internet. I have to define an address for a Proxy-Server with the Port "8080" at the Internet Explorer.

Now i want to play "http://www.ageofempiresonline.com/" where i have to download a launcher, to patch the game and to connect to their server. My problem is, that the launcher can't connect to the internet to load anything.

Here an excerpt from the F.A.Q. of the game:

[quote]"“What ports need to be open to run Age of Empires Online?”"

The  following ports are required to be open to successfully play Age of  Empires Online through the Games for Windows LIVE platform:

TCP 80
UDP 88
UDP 3074
TCP 3074
UDP 53
TCP 53
TCP 443

These  ports need to be accessible through both your firewall and your  router.  For more information about opening ports on your router you  should consult the instruction manual.  To open ports in Windows 7 you  should follow these instructions:

1.    Navigate to this path Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Firewall
2.    Go to the ‘Advanced Settings’ on the left side of the window
3.    Right click on ‘Inbound Rules’ and select ‘New Rule…’
4.    Choose to create a new Port rule
5.    Select either UDP or TCP and specify the port
6.    Repeat steps four and five until you have made rules for all the listed ports

For  more information about your current networking settings you can run the  Microsoft internet Connectivity Evaluation Tool found here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/using/tools/igd/default.mspx"

[/quote]

So i'm not sure that the VPN client thing is the Problem. So if it is, how can i create a connection between the launcher and the internet?

Thanks for the Help.

P.S: I'm using Windows VISTA

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: