Secure HTTP (HTTPS) is HTTP with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) 3.0. HTTPS uses the SSL protocol to protect HTTP browser sessions. This feature supports an SSL or HTTPS method to manage Cisco Aironet Access Points (APs) through a Web browser.
When HTTPS is enabled, the browser can lose connection to the AP. If the connection is lost, change the URL in the address bar of the browser from http://ip_address to https://ip_address and log into the AP again.
Perform these steps to create an FQDN and enable HTTPS:
Note: When HTTPS is enabled, most browsers display a prompt for approval each time a device without a Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) is accessed. To avoid the approval prompts, complete Step 2 through Step 9 in this procedure to create an FQDN for the AP.
1. Disable any popup-blocking feature that the browser uses.
2. Select Services / DNS.
3. Select the Enable option for the Domain Name System.
4. Type the domain name of the company in the Domain Name field. For example, at Cisco Systems, the domain name is cisco.com.
5. Type at least one IP address for the DNS server in the Name Server IP Addresses entry fields.
6. Click Apply
7. Select Services / HTTP
8. Select the Enable Secure (HTTPS) Browsing check box.
8. Type a name for the AP in the System Name field, and type the domain name.
9. Click Apply.
Note: Although both standard HTTP and HTTPS can be enabled simultaneously, Cisco recommends that only either one be enabled.
Hello friends. I have several AIR-AP1852I-E-K9 and AIR-AP1562E-E-K9 administered centrally in a controller which is configured in one of the AIR-AP1852I-E-K9. Specifically the AIR-AP1562E-E-K9 are attached with two AIR-ANT2547VG-N antennas connected...
Good day.We have Cisco WLC 2504 with fw ver. 18.104.22.168 that already works with few access points.We purchase new AP 1815i but it has 22.214.171.124 fw ver ( newer than WLC ) All other APs, that we connect to WLC earler, was automaticly updated t...
- AP1 Model : WAP581-A-K9 V01 Serial Number: DNI2141A05W Firmware Version (Active Image): V126.96.36.199- AP2 Model : WAP581-A-K9 V01 Serial Number: DNI2141A04Z Firmware Version (Active Image): V188.8.131.52- AP3 Model : WAP581-A-K9 V01 Serial Number: DNI214...
Hi All,Need help in understanding RRM for 80 MHZ. We have channel width 80 MHz and because of this , we found channel overlapping. We set channel interval time with 10 minutes (default) and DCA set as automatic. But we are not seeing channel change h...
Greetings,I have outdated AIR-BR1310 with broken configuration. This is not about fixing it, but mostly about understanding why it works like it works. BR1310 is connected via trunk interface. Native VLAN have nothing, VLAN 26 is for wireless and VLA...