cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
mmulla@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

WLAN Poller provides functionality to:

• Bulk data/debug collection from Controllers and APs. Execute the commands on regular intervals.
  • DFS statistics and debug collection
  • IOS AP Flash health check and memory 
  • AP cert check with generating reports
  • This supports both AireOS WLC and 9800, NextGen WLCs

The Typical use cases include:

• Collect show command output from supported devices [AireOS WLC/9800/IOS/COS APs including 11ax APs]
  • Aggregate AP crashfiles(taken from WLC), radio events and coredumps (taken from APs) to a common TFTP repository
  • Enable DFS traces and collect debugging output to a common TFTP repository
  • Enable AP cert check and generating reports 

Requirements

With the bundled package, the script can be run directly on Windows or MAC as per the script version shared.

Download from: WLAN Poller site

Comments
Benjamin Holmes
Level 1
Level 1

G'day guys,

Is there a public GIT repo that hosts this, or a place to download the referenced tar.gz from the WLAN Poller site?

I want to use this on Linux, and this has been compiled (py2exe plus some type of packer?), but there is no precompiled Linux download. Installing with PIP would work best for me, plus I can then see what it does.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

@Benjamin Holmes I think someone asked the same question in @Javier Contreras session at Cisco Live in Amsterdam https://www.ciscolive.com/on-demand/on-demand-library.html?search=BRKEWN-3006&search=BRKEWN-3006#/session/16554805153420015QJX (or maybe it was one of the other sessions).  Anyway if I remember correctly the answer was around difficulty in maintaining packages for multiple OS variants and legal aspects of open sourcing it.

Benjamin Holmes
Level 1
Level 1

G'day Rich R,

I could not find any reference to the WLAN Poller in that session presentation (though, I did not watch the video). The WLAN Poller seems to be entirely written in Python and then compiled. This means it is unlikely to have platform issues (obviously, requirements need to be met though).

"Wireless Config Analyzer Express" has a 'cloud' version which is OS agnostic, thus making the tool far more useful. Unfortunately, WLAN Poller does not have this (and it is unlikely it would be possible since it needs to poll the local network).

It should be possible to extract the PYC from the WLAN Poller executable, and then run that, but having it available without the effort is much easier. Is there a link to the license the software is released under (and the licenses it uses)?

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Sorry I have no idea - maybe Javier can answer directly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: