Inactivity means that the Access Point (AP) has not received any traffic from the client for a period of time. Reason for client's inactivity mighte be
1) Client is switched off or the client's power is weak that clients traffic doesnt reach the AP.
2) Client has roamed to a new access point and the new access point was not able to noti previous access point due to interoperability issues provided access points are from different vendors.
Therefore, the AP deauthenticates the client as a security precaution. This forces the client to reauthenticate to pass traffic.
Carry out one or more of the following
1) Increase the client's power
2) You can modify a timer for the AP not to deauthenticate the client. The timer is found in the AP menu system under the following steps: Setup ("Associations" section) > Advanced. Adjust the default activity timers. Times are measured in seconds; 0 (zero) tells the AP to never timeout idle clients.
3) Reset the AP and reconfigure the AP and check with default timer. If the message still appears try step 1. If it fails proceed to step 4
4) Upgrade the AP's firmware.
Device cannot associate
The signal is weak or fluctuating
AP 340, 350
VxWorks Errors, Warnings, Statistics and Log Messages
I'm having a problem that I don't understand.During PoE and AP tests, we checked that SSID is not outputable.The AP model name will be AIR-2802E-K-K9. I checked the symptoms through the URL below."https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/...
From my reading I thought 22.214.171.124 was a Mobility Express firmware. I was expecting to see the "CiscoAirProvision" SSID being broadcast after the factory reset. Am I missing something? How do I get the AP to broadcast the initial SSID ...
Hi Community, I am having an issue when upgrading AP AIR-AP4800-S-K9 Mobility Express from 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52, the upgrade failed on pre-downloaded The upgrading progress starts from one of the APs through pre-downloading to 100%, the...
I have a WAP571 with the embedded wireless controller. I want to add a new Wireless Access Point (WAP). I want to know if I can add an Cisco Catalyst 9117AXI-B Wireless Access Point that doesn't have the embedded wireless controller to the WAP571?