Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Aaron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Refer to the following Cisco.com articles for recommendations for AireOS software running on Wireless LAN Controllers:

Use the discussion thread below for any questions.

Comments
paulpi-cn6300
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Aaron,

I am curious, 3 months ago the recommended build was 7.6.130.30.  7 days ago the recommended build is 7.6.130.26. What happened.  Also has anyone run into issues upgrading from 7.6.130.0 to 7.6.130.26.  My team attempted to do so but the controller appeared to have hung.  Please see attached

slilley
Level 5
Level 5

Can't speak to the code versions, but I'd advise extreme patience with the code upgrade process.  It'll appear to hang on the same "updating" page for 20-30 minutes in my experience, but it'll eventually complete successfully.  If you reboot before it's complete, you will have to start from scratch with the code push/update.

paulpi-cn6300
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks..

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That sometimes happens, but it is rare.  It's best when you upgrade to leave it alone, and at times, that might not help.  In your case, you probably can't do a save config because of the transfer.  I would wait a bit and if it still appears to be hung, the only fix is to reload the controller.  I have a few installs with the v7.6.130.26 and don't have issues.  The .26 is the recommended and if there is a particular bug, then the .30 is recommended.  Stick with the recommended escalation of .26 unless you run into an issue then have TAC look at it and they might recommend you use the .30.

-Scott

paulpi-cn6300
Level 1
Level 1

Scott - Reloading the controller before the 2nd attempted upgrade made the difference.

Thanks for the reply

mmccarte
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Aaron, Hope all is well. Any updates on 8.0.120.0??

daniel.keith
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I just upgraded to 7.6.130.30 and am seeing numerous access points showing Clean-Air status as ERROR and I have rebooted the controllers and AP's 2-3 times now it is still occurring. This seems to be affecting the 3502's mainly but I did some a handful of 1550's and 3602's as well. Any suggestions to keep this from occurring?

Prime 2.2 reports this as:

CleanAir Sensor Status: 'Down' Error Code: 'CleanAir sensor is not operational due to crash. Please reset AP to resolve problem.'

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Aaron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dan, this symptom has been seen very rarely over the last several years.  Yours is the first report that we've seen of this problem in several months.  I would recommend that you open a TAC case for further troubleshooting.

Best,

Aaron

Aaron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We now have a comparison of the bugs fixed in 8.0.120.0 vs. those fixed in 8.0.110.20:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/sites/default/files/attachments/document/bugfix_comparison_-_8.0.120.0_vs_8.0.110.20.pdf

Florin Barhala
Level 6
Level 6

I have a virtual WLC running 7.6.130.0 with 1602i and 2702i APs.

We have about four 1702i which we can't use so what 8.0.x version you guys recommend me?

P.S. this virtual WLC provides only Flexconnect association available.

Mohammed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Aaron and all,

In our environments we have 2 x WiSM2, on one 7.4.110.0 and other on 7.6.130.0.

We are having problem to SSH or webconsole to both WiSM2. With 2x 5508 as Anchor for BOYD.

We are looking to upgrade the one which has 7.4.110.0, reading this forum and Cisco website, there has been recommend upgrade to 7.6.130.0 or 7.6.130.26 or 8.0.120.0.

Am abit confused, we want to upgrade it to stable good software level, and upgrade them both WiSM2 to the same software level.

Thanks,

Mohammed

Aaron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mohammed,

These are the generally recommended versions: 7.0.252.0, 7.4.140.0, 8.0.120.0.  See:

Mohammed
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Aaron, Thanks,

Currently we are seeking a stable code to migrate our 5508's and 2504's to. Some are running 7.6.130.0. and currently CCO states 8.0.120.0. Cisco support page lists the following as recommended stable codes (see attachment). Last wireless TAC tip call stated that 8.x version has captive portal issues which we use internationally. Is 7.6.130.x or alternate train a recommended version to move to? Is there a new recommendation? 

Aaron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Kernian,

Indeed, at present, the generally recommended AireOS releases are: 7.0.252.0, 7.4.140.0, 8.0.120.0.  See:

I don't know what your specific concern is wrt captive portal.  If you have a bug ID, then we can look at it to see where it is fixed.  In general, we are trying to get all major customer-impacting bugfixes into the 8.0 code train if we can, as that is our current long-lived, stable release, and will be for the next several years.

Best,

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: