Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Aaron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Refer to the following Cisco.com articles for recommendations for AireOS software running on Wireless LAN Controllers:

Use the discussion thread below for any questions.

Comments
desmanicholson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Where can the 7.6.130.26 release be retrieved. I see documentation but not the actual file. I'm currently at 7.6.130 and a few MAN 5508's have been upgraded so I want uniformity.

Aaron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will have to open a TAC case to get 7.6.130.26 (or 7.6.130.30.)

In general, we are recommending that our 7.6 customers move to 8.0.120 if feasible.

Best,

Aaron

jharaldsson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is 8.0.120.0 still a recommended version?

It does not have the Cisco Suggested-star on WLC 5508 download page.

Stewart Goumans
Level 5
Level 5

Hi jharaldsson,

Actually you might want to check that again.  In fact the 8.0.120.0 code has been a recommended version with a suggested-star. 

drewnewton
Level 1
Level 1

I saw the exact same issue on our 3502s with 7.6.130.30.

We also have had MULTIPLE issues with the 7.6 code and 1532s acting as a RAP.  Cisco recently cooked up 7.6.130.33 to fix those issues - we'll see how the fix works in the field.

7.6.130.33 seems to fix the 3502 CleanAir ERROR issue.

Drew

daniel.keith
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco had me turn off Clean Air on the controller and the errors went away. I'm not really satisfied with this solution but it is better than see the error messages constantly.

drewnewton
Level 1
Level 1

That's a poor solution, as we heavily rely on CleanAir to avoid interference.

At least it seems to be fixed in 7.6.130.33...

Aaron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Right ... this issue was:

CSCuv61245    3502 Clear Air sensor crashing

which was a regression introduced into 7.6.130.30 ... and fixed in 7.6.130.33

This bug does not apply to 8.0.

Aaron

Peter Zsiros
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

About 50 controllers tunnel to the guest anchors (2x 5508 WLCs running 7.6.130.0.)

We run into a problem with EoIP tunnels to anchor controller. All tunnels went down in about 20 seconds and the solution was to reboot the anchor controllers. It happened 2 times in the pas 9 months.

I could not find anything like this. Is it a known error?

thx!

slilley
Level 5
Level 5

We had this problem as well; upgrading the internal and DMZ WLCs to 8.0.121.0 resolved it.

Regards,
Steve

Peter Zsiros
Level 1
Level 1

Thx Steve!

I guess I have to look into the compatibility matrixes to see what else has to be upgraded.

johnlox007
Level 1
Level 1

We have been recommended by our Cisco Support provider to upgrade our WiSM-2s to software v8.0.121.0 from v7.6.130.30 to mitigate Security Vulnerabilty advisory http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-20160113-wlc

Has anyone else used this AireOS and/or has any issues with it?

We are planning to move most of our APs to one WiSM-2 and upgrade the other one with now would only a few APs on it to test it over a period of time. If it seems fine, we will move more APs onto it and upgrade the remaining WiSM-2.

Freerk Terpstra
Level 7
Level 7

It is always recommended to go through the release notes and check for any specific bugs which could be relevant for your infrastructure (some bugs are only for specific AP models for example). Because of this you might need to run a TAC escalation build in which the specific bug already has been fixed.

We have a WiSM2 HA SSO setup running for two weeks on this version and no issues (yet). We use 3700 APs, dot1X SSID's and also VoWLAN with 7925G phones phones.

Please rate useful posts... :-)

daniel.keith
Level 1
Level 1

I had tried 8.0.121 but had to back off to 8.0.120 because of needing support for the Cisco 1252 AP's which we still use in our environment. However, 8.0.120.0 has been fairly stable for the last 3 months we have had it running.

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Come again. You updated to 8.0.120.0 and it broke 1252. Or you updated to 8.1 and it broke the 1252. 

1252 are suppose to run on 8.0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: