cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
atsetheodros
Level 4
Level 4

Question:

I have two Cisco 5520 WLC running HA 8.5.105.0 code. Clients (not all) from different places are having difficulties to surf internet on Guest WiFi. Different devices like surface pro, laptops and even phones (both android and phones) is having the issue. But these clients grab a valid IP address. Is there anyone experiencing similar issue?

Answer

Comments
Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Has this worked before? When you say some work from other places, does that mean that you are anchoring the traffic from various sites to a guest anchor? It almost seems like a possible bat issue.
atsetheodros
Level 4
Level 4

Sorry for the confusion, what I mean is not the entire guest clients have issue.

I used to have anchor controller (5508) and removed it for unrelated reason. Right now the foreign controller is taking care of the guest traffic. The issue is random and sporadic. 

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
If you removed the anchor, make sure on the wlan you remove the anchor configuration. Also, since the guest are now local, your subnet your guest is on have enough address space?
Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

8.5.105.0? 
This particular version is very, very buggy.  

atsetheodros
Level 4
Level 4

The very reason I upgraded to this code version is in hopping to resolve my issue.

Anjana A
Level 1
Level 1

whether the clients were getting authenticated or not?

what is authentication specified for clients

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: