Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Cisco Moderador
Community Manager
Community Manager

To participate in this event, please use the Join the Discussion : Cisco Ask the Expert button to ask your questions

This special event is open only to Cisco Customers and Partners.  

Many pages in the Cisco Support Community are accessible only to Cisco customers, partners, or logged in entitled guests. Please log in.

If you still cannot access the event after you log in, and you believe you should, contact us at csc-events@external.cisco.com

This topic is a chance to discuss more about Cisco Wireless LAN Controller (WLC) deployment, its best practices and troubleshooting tips. This session provides to its participants a better understanding of the different WLC configuration options and it enhances the wireless troubleshooting skills of the participants. Join the discussion and learn more about the best WLC operation practices with direct recommendations from the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) engineers.

Ask questions from Monday 5th to Friday 16th of March, 2018

Featured Experts

Jhosbell Photo.jpgJhosbell Verdesca currently works as Cisco Support Engineer at the Cisco TAC Mexico on the Wireless team, providing support to customers all around the globe since May 2015. Before then, he worked for 3 years for a Cisco Gold Partner at Caracas, Venezuela implementing and supporting solutions in the Routing, Switching and Security areas. Jhosbell holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunications Engineering from the Universidad Catolica Andres Bello (UCAB) - Caracas, Venezuela. He also holds CCIE Routing and Switching (#58023) and CCNA Security certifications. 

riduarte.jpgRicardo Garcia Duarte has been a team lead for over 3 years for the Cisco Mexico TAC Wireless team, he provides support to customers and partners across the world since January of 2015. Before joining Cisco, he worked for different service providers such as Verizon and Dell on Routing & Switching networking. Ricardo holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology Engineering from the Universidad Tecnologica de Bahia De Banderas (UTBB) from Nayarit, Mexico. He holds an ITIL Expert and CCNA Wireless certifications, also he’s a Technical Content Engineer for Cisco documentation.

Jhosbell & Ricardo might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Remember that you can continue the conversation on the  Contact Center Community

Find other events https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/ask-the-expert-event-page

This events is only open for Cisco customers and partners.

**Ratings Encourage Participation! **
Please be sure to rate the Answers to Questions

Make and review your questions here

Cisco Ask the Expert

2 Comments
Felipe A. Amaya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Team,

I am replacing my core infrastructure and I am migrating from the 6500 WISM to a couple of WLC 5520.  My plan is to a)connect each one to each peer or b) make them HA mode acting as a single device.  One 5520 will be on the second floor of the building while the second one will be on the 6th floor.  Can you please share with me the best option and best practice and any initial configuration guidance or best practice.  The new core environment is a couple of 7710 which I am running using a vPC domain with standard configurations.

Thank you very much,

Hilda Arteaga
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Felipe A. Amaya

Please feel free to post this question at the Wireless Category so an expert matter on this area can help you to solve this query https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/getting-started-with-wireless/bd-p/5956-discussions-getting-started-wireles 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

French webcast-routing