cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1131 AP and Controller not showing CDP

GeneBeamer
Level 1
Level 1

So I have several APs directly connected to a Cisco 3560 and each port is configured this way....

interface FastEthernet0/1

description Uplink To  Access Point

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport trunk native vlan 4xx

switchport mode trunk

management Vlan is not vlan 1

The switch shows the AP under sho cdp niegh but when I go to the controller and look at AP neigh nothing shows up.

I am currently running a WLC 4404 with 4.2.209 ( yes the upgrade happens tomorrow ).

Can anyone tell me why the switch shows the neigh. but not the AP when looking from the controller?

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

is CDP enabled on the AP?

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Yes, I have enabled CDP on the controller and I have doubled checked that CDP is enabled on the APs.

In fact the controller shows the cdp information.

Vlan1 on the switch is in shutdown state

I am really thinking that it might have to do with the fact that we use vlan 999 for layer two management and since my APs are native 40x its not working.. Anyone have thoughts on that? I could just call the Cisco TAC but I would rather work it out with others for now.

no one else has an idea?

Having VLAN 1 shutdown could be the culprit.  I'd enable VLAN 1 give it 5-10 minutes and see if the CDP shows up.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card