cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1300's in Secure point to point deployment

martynbeck
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking to recommend to deploy pairs of aironet 1300's as point to point bridges in multiple sites, but need some assistance on the limits of the security functionality. I need an absolutely/uncrackable secure way for the 1300's to authenticate/encrypt to each other and disallow all other radio connections. All the examples I found so far dont address the point to point model in necessary depth security wise. Any pointers here ??

thanks

Martyn Beck

1 Reply 1

andrew.brazier
Level 4
Level 4

Couple of options, you can use WPA + TKIP or AES which is pretty secure and doesn't rely on any external auth servers. Another alternative is to use the built in radius server on the bridges. Top line security would use an external radius server (assuming you can do so). As to it being absolutely uncrackable, there isn't any such thing! : ) By the way, forget MAC security, it isn't worth the bother and doesn't add much to the security of the setup.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: