cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2504 v8.2.141.0 webauth issue on chrome (Android)

rgmamaril
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Would like to seek your assistance if you have encounter issue on local web authentication using Chrome on mobile. I already executed the following command below but still the issue persist.

config network secureweb cipher-option high enable

Thank you very much.

Rey John Mamaril.

27 Replies 27

If you are hitting bug id CSCvj17640 and seeing "405 method not allowed" please edit your login.html page to make sure your body tag contains the following:

<body onload="loadAction();>

You can keep whatever is already there but you need to add the onload statement.  If you need help let me know and I will tell you what I did to resolve this issue with no outage.

v/r,

Wes 

Hi Wes Young,

good day!

unfortunately client does no have the old webauth bundle. we we're not able to do the recommendation changing parameters on the file.

Thank you.

Hi Wes Young,

I saw your post with this solution in several support requests. I am facing the same problem with Android Devices, wich are using a Chrome or Firefox Browser. We receive the Error 405 on these Devices. But it works fine with IOS Devices.

I've already tried your solution with the Body-Tag

@Wes Young wrote:

If you are hitting bug id CSCvj17640 and seeing "405 method not allowed" please edit your login.html page to make sure your body tag contains the following:

<body onload="loadAction();>

, but with no success.

Do you have any other solution?

Thanks,

kind regards

Hi Mario, please see resolution below.

implementing Cisco WLC webauth, you may use the RFC 5737 (192.0.2.x /24) for the Virtual IP as recommended best practice moving forward.

The VIP 1.1.1.1 is NO LONGER recommended.

Thank you.

Dear rgmamaril

We do not use 1.1.1.1 as virtual IP. The issue in our case could be found in the custom login page website. In the cisco template, there is a function called loadAction. This contains following line:

document.forms[0].action = args.switch_url;

That was originally commented out (not active). So we just activated that part again. Now, the login page works on all devices and browsers again.

Hope this helps someone else

How did you make active? i am getting same issue and Cisco TAC told me that it's script issue which i have it in webauth.

It was just commented out in classic javascript fashion, like this:

// document.forms[0].action = args.switch_url;

Just remove the slashes to make it active again:

document.forms[0].action = args.switch_url;

Regards,

Mario

Thanks for reply.

i didn't have any slash before that line.

i am attaching my scripts so if you can check it out please.

function submitAction(){var a=document.location.href,b="redirect=",c=a.indexOf(b),d="http://www.yqr.ca/";if(""==document.forms[0].action){for(var f=(window.location.href,new Object),g=location.search.substring(1),h=g.split("&"),i=0;i<h.length;i++){var j=h[i].indexOf("=");if(j!=-1){var k=h[i].substring(0,j),l=h[i].substring(j+1);f[k]=unescape(l)}}//document.forms[0].action=args.switch_url}c>=0&&(c+=b.length,d="",d+=a.substring(c)),d.length>255&&(d=d.substring(0,255)),document.forms[0].redirect_url.value=d,document.forms[0].buttonClicked.value=4,document.forms[0].submit()}function loadAction(){for(var b=(window.location.href,new Object),c=location.search.substring(1),d=c.split("&"),e=0;e<d.length;e++){var f=d[e].indexOf("=");if(f!=-1){var g=d[e].substring(0,f),h=d[e].substring(f+1);b[g]=unescape(h)}}}

i did add it to test it out but still doesn't work

There is one more thing to check. What IP Address has your webauth portal and what address is the "virtual-interface" on the WLC?
Old guides suggested to use 1.1.1.1 as IP address, but this isn't anymore possible, as CloudFlare is now using that address and google hardcoded it into Chrome. Use a 10.x.x.x or similar private address.

So i understand it is a huge mess to create a working guest login page for Cisco WLC that doesnt look like it came from the year 1997. As this should be the duty of Cisco to release modern templates, i went ahead and anonymized our company Guest login page. You can find it attached. It is tested with WLC version 8.5.120.0 and older. It reads the browser language on opening of the webpage and displays the language accordingly. It has DE/IT/FR/EN. If the language does not match one of these, it defaults to english. The UI is fully responsive working on phones, tablets and desktops. I cannot guarantee that this works in your environment, but maybe this will save you some hassle.

10-10-_2018_17-33-19.png

Hope we could help somebody with this.

Hi Mario thank you for your response. I will have it tried on my lab environment before implementing to live production.

Hi Wes Young 

Please see attached error message for your reference.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card