Views
Helpful
Replies

3802i waiting for uplink IP address and reachable default gateway

chisss
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to configure these new 3802s we got but when I plug them in, all I keep getting is "waiting for uplink IP address and reachable default gateway"

When i do capwap ap ip address and type the ip, subnet and default gateway or just IP and subnet I get "Error: invalid ip/netmask/gateway config." nothing takes. 

Any suggestions? the current VLAN doesn't assign IPs via DHCP and that's how we have all other APs (again these 3802s are new to us) 

AP Running Image     : 8.2.151.0

Thanks

32 Replies 32

How do I do that? Never had to do it.

Cisco Mobility Express Deployment Guide

Converting from CAPWAP Lightweight AP to Cisco Mobility Express Software

Mobility Express.png

Here's an important "gotcha":  Mobility Express is a "work in progress".  So use it with caution.  The software is meant to be at par with a regular WLC but it's not there yet.  Not even 80%.

Thank you! I'll give it a shot and see

Sean Haynes
Level 1
Level 1
I have a very similar issue - had to set the IP manually via CLI then it works - pain in the rear.
https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/other-wireless-mobility-subjects/2820i-ap-5508-wlcs-dhcp-relay-dhcp-not-working/m-p/3335659#M82726

Binish
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am running on code 8.3.133.0  and seeing the same error on few of the access point models AP3802i

"waiting for uplink IP address and reachable default gateway"

-- Binish

I am running code 8.5.120.0 and also have the same issue with AP3802e.

--Peter

Raise a TAC Case and get TAC to re-flash the firmware.

Check this Feild Notice & I am sure your AP affected. There is a serial number validation tool in that page, that you can use to verify your AP hitting that issue.

If you have multiple APs, there is a form you can filled & get them RMA rather fix it manually one by one.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/701/fn70143.html

If it is one or two APs, you can work with TAC to get it fix.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Hi Rasika,

Thanks for the useful info. We have a batch of 2802 APs, are you aware of a field notice for them?

Thanks!
Shams

This field notice is only for the 3800.

Ah ok, I ask as we are hitting this bug on a new batch of 2802s..

Mike,

It’s best to open a TAC case if you believe it’s a bug. That way the bug is gets filed. If the workaround for the 3800’s doesn’t work, then it’s a different issue.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi All,

I raised TAC and issue was resolved. It indeed was the bug.

Thanks a lot.

Peter

What was the fix?

Contact TAC and they can upload a firmware via console.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card