Views
Helpful
Replies

4402 WLC Guest Wireless Setup

mis.vanir
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to setup a Wireless Network on my WLC that is totaly independent of our internal LAN. Port1 is designated at the .14.0 network and Port2 is the .18.0 network. The 14 network (Port1) will be the guest and 18 network (Port2) the internal wireless.

The issue i am having is nothing is routing to Port1. I have the Guest Wireless set to get DHCP from the WLC and i can get an address but i cant get internet access. I tried configuring a Network Route but it will only let me set the service port as the Gateway and not the IP for Port1.

I am running software version 5.1.151.0 and using this guide as it is the only one i can find.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/technology/guest_access/technical/reference/4.1/GAccess_41.html

Here is a screen shot of my Interface config.

Capture.JPG

Any idea as to whats going on or am i way off on how i am assuming these things work. If more info is need let me know.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

is the Sonice wall a 10/100 or 10/100/1000 port?  The WLC is 1000 only

HTH,
Steve

-----------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The WLC doesn't route.  Network routes are a way for you to force traffic out of the service port.

You need some device that can route/nat on the .14.x subnet

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whats the point of having 2 ports if you cant chose which port to send trafic thru?

you can send the traffic out of the port, but the WLC doesn't 'route' or nat.

What is upstream from the WLC on that port?

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Port 1 goes directly into our Sonicwall Firewall and Port 2 goes into our Core Switch.

is the Sonice wall a 10/100 or 10/100/1000 port?  The WLC is 1000 only

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Sonicwall is 10/100/1000 but i had a 10/100 switch between them. I plugged the WLC Port 1 directly into the Sonicwall now and it is reading 1000 Mbps full-duplex. I will test it to see if this made a different but i was getting a Green Link on the WLC before and the GBIC in Port1 is 10/100/1000 RJ45.

#$%&#*@

That was it! Stupid thing showed a link light so i assumed it was working! Thanks!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card