Views
Helpful
Replies

5440 Endpoint abandoned EAP session and started new,

Prkalavadia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

When I roam from one floor to another with my Staff Device while connected to Staff WiFi I am facing this issue.

Each floor access switch is configured different VLAN for STAFF WiFi , So when I roam from one floor to another I get different IP address from the VLAN subnet for that particular floor .

Well THE PROBLEM is when some users go to different floor they are not getting new IP address and getting error ( No internet connection ).

Couple of time users need to tern off and on WiFi on the device they after few minutes they get WiFi connection and new IP address.

While I checked log for that device on the Cisco ISE, I can see error as below.

WLC is Cisco 5520

AP is AIR-CAP2702I-E-K9

Please can some one advise how to solve this issue 

""""Authentication Details
Policy Server LNZELSIME0-ISE-01
Event               :5440 Endpoint abandoned EAP session and started new
Failure Reason :5440 Endpoint abandoned EAP session and started new
Resolution        :Verify known NAD or supplicant issues and published bugs. Verify NAD and supplicant configuration.
Root cause       :Endpoint started new authentication while previous is still in progress. Most probable that supplicant on that endpoint stopped conducting the previous authentication and started the new one. Closing the previous authentication.""""

Many thanks,

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
So Iā€™m assuming that your APā€™s are on FlexConnect? Because FlexConnect doesnā€™t support L3 roaming. If your APā€™s are local mode, that means all traffic come back to the wlc and users would roam between L3 subnet. Seems like maybe the design and implementation was not done properly. Donā€™t know unless you provide more info.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott
Yes APs are on FlexConnect,
Each floor and remote sites are on different FlexConnect group
Issue is only for SSID STAFF while SSID PUBLIC is fine.
STAFF is only for Company devices.
Users automatic connected to STAFF WiFi through certificate installed on the device and get authenticated from ISE.
I believe , while roaming from one floor to another Device go through re authentication process. While current session is already going on.

Hi Scott,
Does it help or you need more information?
Many thanks,

lecabral
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Prkalavadia,

Which is the software version in  your WLC?

Regards,

LeoC

Hi LeoC

Software version is 8.2.141.0

Thanks,
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card