cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5520 untagged management vlan/SSO

craigshawm6
Level 1
Level 1

When setting up my HA pair of 5520, I can only put them in SSO if I tag the managment vlan. Our existing 5508 have untagged management vlan and when I tag the vlan on the 5520, I do not have connectivity into the gui through the management IP. I can only connect locally through the service port IP. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @craigshawm6 ,

You have to tag the VLAN on WLC as a best recommendation for HA SSO deployment. Please refer Management Interface Vlan Tag

For an example if you have a VLAN 10 for your management. You have to tag the VLAN 10 on the WLC interface and on the switch you will be required trunk with no native VLAN as 10.

HTH,

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi @craigshawm6 ,

You have to tag the VLAN on WLC as a best recommendation for HA SSO deployment. Please refer Management Interface Vlan Tag

For an example if you have a VLAN 10 for your management. You have to tag the VLAN 10 on the WLC interface and on the switch you will be required trunk with no native VLAN as 10.

HTH,

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

omz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Release 8.0 onwards, it is mandatory to tag the RMI and management interfaces.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card