cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7921 EAP-FAST PAC Provisioning Issue (ACS 4.2.0.124.6)

Nigel Bowden
Level 2
Level 2

I am trying to do anonymous PAC provisioning to some new 7921 phones with ACS 4.2.0.124.6.

I have created a user & pwd on the phone, and added this user to ACS.

I have configured the WLC, ACS & phone as per the 7921 deployment guide (though there are a few more options now in ACS 4.2).

When the phone tries to intially authenticate with ACS, I see failed logins on ACS for the user 'anonymous'. I assume that this is something to do with the PAC provisioning (phase 0 failure etc.).

But all I see is continuous login failures on ACS, and no PAC provisioning occurs.

Is there maybe some other setting I'm missing? Anyone else see a similar issue when trying to do this?

TIA.

Nigel.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Here is a screen shot of the wlan

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post a screen shot of your EAP-FAST Configuration on ACS along with a screen shot of your group or the user info.

-Scott

Here is how I had it setup. Hope it helps.

-Scott

Here is a screen shot of the wlan

-Scott

Thanks very much for taking the time to post this info, I really appreciate it.

I'll check it out again tomorrow when I get in to work and let you know how it goes.

Regards

Nigel.

Yes, those settings worked fine.

One other thing which I also think caused an issue was the client exclusion, which I disabled. The authentication has to fail before the provisioning can take place, and I think this setting on the WLAN may also have caused an issue.

Thanks again.

Nigel.

Hi Nigel, hope this doesn't come to late. I was just browsing and I just hit this bug

CSCsw88545 and it matches your description too. I was using local EAP on WLC and the same 7921 phones and EAP-FAST. But it was working with this anonymous user entry but when trying to roam I got "username not found" on WLC. Cisco claims that there is no workaround since everything works on a single access point. But I have let them know that when roaming this will fail. So my workaround while waiting for a fix was to use LEAP temporarily and that worked just fine for fast-secure-roaming.

Here is something I ran into regarding EAP-FAST and my 7921's not authenticating. I had to set the EAP-FAST timeouts to higher values due to the version of code i'm running which is 4.2.130.0. I added these commands and it started working.

config advanced eap identity-request-timeout 60

config advanced eap identity-request-retries 20

config advanced eap request-timeout 60

config advanced eap request-retries 10

config advanced eap eapol-key-timeout 5

config advanced eap eapol-key-retries 4

This solved the EAP-FAST timeout issues.

Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card