cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Points keep associating and disassociating from WLC

David James
Level 1
Level 1

I have numerous access points, both 3502 and 3602's that are connected to Cisco 2960s POE switches that will disassociate and then reassociate themselves with the WLC.  The WLC and access points are running 7.4.110.0.  The particaular Cisco 2960s POE switch in this case is running 12.2(55)SE3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1).   This is becoming a widespread issue.

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When the AP recovers, what is the physical up time and WLC association time. 

Now if your AP(s) regularly reboots then I'd consider you test the cable runs using the on-board TDR feature of your switch.

Hi Leo,

I have the similar issue in my enterprise. The WAPs are all lightweight mode and they're located on the same network ( i.e there is no VPN/wan involved). The WLC is Cisco 8510 Series (software version8.3.143.0) and the APs are AIR-AP3802I-E-K9. The issue occurs sporadically on a set of WAPs and not all of them ( attached screenshot shows the association time). I have enabled syslog on one of the Aps and I'm getting the event of kernel "Warning, unencrypted data keepalive failed" and the the CAPWAP is restarted as shown in the screenshot attached. Is there anything that I can do to resolve this extremely disruptive issue? It's greatly effecting the productivity of our organisation at the moment!

Thank you in advance.

Hi David,

Did you have any luck resolving this issue?

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card