Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.2 Self Signed Certificate no need for client

p.pegouret
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Our ACS (5.2) has self signed certificate, but i don' t need to  export it in the customers. They connect without certificat . Is this normal.

customers also work with certificate.

I have ACS 5.2

WLC 7.0

and AD

Thanks for your help

regards

3 Replies 3

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're using PEAP MSCHAPv2 for wireless authentication with ACS configured for self-signed certificate. The users can connect without certificate because they are not validating the server certificate. This is normal but not a secure method. If you want them to validate the server certificate. If you have two options:

1.] Export the self signed certificate from ACS and install it on all the clients.

2.] Get the third-party CA certificates and install the root cert on all the clients.

In both the options, you've to check validate server certificate option on the client under Wirless 802.1x properties.

I'm providing few configuration examples for the same. You may go through it to have better understanding.

PEAP under Unified Wireless Networks with ACS 5.1 and Windows 2003 Server

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10315/products_configuration_example09186a0080b4cdb9.shtml

Install Certificate on the Cisco Secure ACS Appliance for PEAP Clients

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2086/products_configuration_example09186a0080545a29.shtml

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

It"s OK,

but if someone come with it's own computer, he can connect to wireless, if he know a login/password.

I thought the certificate would be to install an additional security.

Thank you for you request, and sorry for my poor english.

Regards

In order to prevent that you've 2 options

1.] Enable Peap with MAR- Machine access restriction (Machine and user authentication)

2.] Enable EAP-TLS where everyone should have unique user certificate.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card