Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding CMX 10.4.1 to the Prime Infrastructure 3.4 to see client location

S. K.
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I've added a CMX to Prime 3.4 but cannot see any Clients on the maps.

Under: Services / Mobility Services / Mobility Services Engines I can click on: Click Here to manage CMX 

and added the CMX which is also reachable. But what about the next step? I cannot see any clients on any maps...

Thanks for some help.

Steve

10 Replies 10

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Wasn't that an MSE feature, which isn't available in CMX?
I think you have to look for those clients on a map on the CMX, not on the Prime. I don't remember it anymore fully...

Hi Steve,

As long as you configure NMSP from your WLC point to CMX, you should get that data on CMX.

Prime is only to update maps in CMX, nothing else can be done through prime with respect to CMX

If you can't see APs on prime maps then check WLC/prime SNMP configs

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Hi Rasika,

On CMX I can see the clients on the maps, but I was thinking that CMX is also like a MSE in the background. So that means that the feature to see client location on Prime maps is not anymore supported in CMX? What about on a DNA Center?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

So that means that the feature to see client location on Prime maps is not anymore supported in CMX?

That's true.

What about on a DNA Center?

I do not think it makes any difference as of today. 

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Hi Rasika,

//Rasika: Prime is only to update maps in CMX, nothing else can be done through prime with respect to CMX//

Had been always of the opinion that we have lot to obtain from CMX-Location as compared to MSE-CAS. However there are many limitations imposed by not have MSE-CAS. For instance, not being able to see the "Map Location" of triggered alarms.
This is indeed a major limitation. Having both MSE-CAS along with CMX-location will not make any sense though :)

So we will continue to lose map locations of triggered alarms so long as we have CAS service disabled on MSE?

Map Location of Alarms.png

Reference to duplicate thread opened for same query: https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless-and-mobility/do-we-require-cas-service-despite-of-having-a-dedicated-cmx/m-p/3837630#M108185

Does existing Cisco Prime to manage the CMX?.

Do they need additional licences on Cisco Prime in order to manage CMX?

Hi Rasika,

I am running on CMX 10.6.1 and Prime 3.5 and able to see the client locations determined by CMX on Prime.

Client locations determinied from CMX on Prime.png

Hi @Muhammed Adnan ,

Thanks for posting this. Did you manage to confirm via any official documentation that location mapping within Prime was supported in 3.5?

What if you can't see clients on the maps in DNA Center even though CMX 10.5 is added?

Does existing Cisco Prime can  manage the CMX?

Do they need additional licences on Existing Cisco Prime in order to manage CMX?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card