Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-BR1310 with frequency 1575 Mhz

Hi.

I have connected the AIR-BR1310G and one meter apart I installed a GPS antenna. When the AIR-BR1310G is up, the GPS stop detecting satellites. Using a spectrum analyzer I found that the AIR-BR1310G transmits a frequency of 1575 MHz along with the normal 2.4 GHz one. How can I eliminate this annoying 1575 MHz signal from the AIR-BR1310G?

Thank.

8 Replies 8

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot. This behavior is not normal.

What is the signal strenght of the emission in 1575mhz ? If you shut down the bridge radio, it also stops ?

Nicolas

Hi Nicolas.

I shut down the bridge radio and the frequency 1575 Mhz is still there. This situation ocurred with all the APs we tested.

Adj.images

How do you know that it's the 1310 emitting this signal ?

And since this frequency is the GPS frequency, I would consider normal to see a signal there everywhere in the world since it's the signal transmitted by the satellites continuously. Am I missing something ?

Nicolas

===

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

Hi Nicolas.

This signal is issued by the team because through a spectrum analyzer could detect it. The spectrum analyzer receives this frequency when the AP is next

You said that with the radio down, it was still there. Can you try unplugging the power of the 1310 and see if signal is still present ??

Nicolas

Hello Nicolas.

When i unplugging the power of the 1310, the frequency 1575 Mhz disappears, when i plugging the power of the 1310, the frequency 1575 Mhz appears.

Was any resolution found to get rid of the 1575MHz emissions (apart from powering the unit off)?

did you try unplugging the coax cables from the bridge inn order to determine if maybe is just the power injector or the bridge it self.?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card