Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1252 AES encryption

urvininocente
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

I have two cisco airenet 1252 autonamous access point that are configured as  point to point bridge. Now I want to confiure AES encryption or WPA2 using a pre-shared key however I do not see the option to do this . The only option I see under ciphers are:

wep 128

wep 40

TKIP

CKIP

CMIC

CKIP-CMIC

TKIP+WEP 128

TKIP+WEP 40

AES CCMP

AES CCMP + TKIP

AES CCMP + TKIP + WEP 128

AES CCMP + TKIP + WEP 40

Is it possible to use either AES or WPA2 using a pre-shared key  on the 1252 autonamous access point? If possible please provide instruction preferably using the web interface.

Regards,

Screech

3 Replies 3

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Its would be under authentication

dot11 ssid test

vlan 2

authentication open

authentication key-management wpa2

guest-mode

wpa-psk ascii PASSWORD-HERE

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

George,

I cannot find those setting using the web interface (GUI) (I check under security and encryption manager). Can you give the instructions based on the web interface.

Regards,

Screech

Sure ..

This is WPA2 Enterprise -- but you will see the PSK commands below

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008054339e.shtml

If you dont see these commands tehn you need to update your code.

- Go to Security > Encryption Manager > Select Cipher > AES CCMP from the drop down menu > Apply

- Go to Security > SSID Manager > Select (or create) the SSID > Link the SSID to the radio that you want

- Open authentication should be selected

- Key Management should be set to Mandatory

- "Enable WPA" needs to be checked

- Enter the Pre-Shared Key on the "WPA                                        Pre-shared Key" field.

- Scroll down and click on the first apply (not the bottom one).

‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card