Views
Helpful
Replies

AP Group WLAN Interface no virtual ip redirect

dan.letkeman
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I am trying to segment out a locally switched guest WLAN using AP groups, to map a different interface to the same WLAN.  It seems as if its mostly working....When I connect from a client it gets the correct ip address on the right subnet, but when I launch the browser I do not get the web authentication redirect page, just a 404 error.

I have an existing guest WLAN working, but as soon as I segment it out like this the web redirect doesn't work.  One odd thing is I can type in my virtual ip address and I get to the login page:

http://7.7.7.7/login.html

But I still cannot login.

And if I type in the virtual dns name:

http://wifiweb.domain.com/

I cannot get to the page.

Any ideas?

Dan.

5 Replies 5

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hmm.. Interesting!! have you tried refreshing the page when 404 error comes? sure with the configuration??

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

I'm 99 percent sure.  It's a complete working guest wlan, and all I want to do is change the interface on an ap group to use a different vlan.

I've verified the vlan configuration on the router and on the wlc, connectivity is all there because the client is getting the correct ip.

Dan.

I think you can open up a TAC case for this right away.. this Requires troubleshooting or some confirmation.. i am not sure whether the AP-grouping is supported with webauth.. Not sure. need to check in my lab.. but since its a  weekend and i am chilling here..

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Problem solved.  The vlan didn't have access to the internet, so the dns resolution for the requested page from the client failed, and then the web authentication doesn't happen.

Dan.

Nice to hear that the issue is is resolved!! thanks for using CSC..

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card