Views
Helpful
Replies

AP in WLC 4400

bilal-javed1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anybody let me know how to locate any AP in WLC 4402 when its down?

Like we have 50 license AP distributed over several building randomly. Now one of AP goes down and WLC showing total 49 of them. Now how to locate that 50th AP?

Please guide.

Thanks

Bilal

9 Replies 9

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can always look at the monitor tab and then AP Join. All APs that have joined from the last reboot or clear will be there. You will see the AP in no joined state.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

kcnajaf
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Bilal,

You should be able to see this from the main page "Monitor Tab" itself. The main page displays Access Point Summary like the first snap shot.Once you click on the details that will take you 802.11a/n Radios and on this page it will list all the AP's and if you look at the Operational Status that will display the UP/DOWN status of each AP.

Please find the screenshoot.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Najaf

Please rate when applicable or helpful !!!

Hi Najaf,

Whwn i clicked the detail, on the next radios page where all APs are usaually listed with their Up time and MAC address. I can only see 49 APs not the 50th one and neither i can see thee any down status. In Operational state, its showing me REG. Please check the attached diagram.

Regards,

Bilal

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you looked at the

Monitor | Statistics | AP Join

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Hi Scott,

I m at Monitor but i cannot see any Join in Statistics subtab. MY version is

Software Version4.2.205.0
System NameGV_Wireless_Contr4400

Please check snap.

Please guide.

Regards,

Bilal

Hi Bilal,

It looks like you are running one of the oldest version of software image on your device and that is the reason why you WLC is not showing what me and scott is talking. I strongly recommand you to upgrade the software to latest version.

There are lot of other user freindly features which has been included in various software realses.

Belive me when i upgrade the software from 4.0.x to 7.1.x (which was latest one year back) the additonal feature
(like searching the client with MAC address or filter the users based on SSID/AP/ etc..) it has given, has really helped me in troubleshooting wireless issues with less time.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Najaf

Please rate when applicable or helpful !!!

SO it means in this version, we cannot even see which device is down?

Also if license expires, still can i upgrade version to 7.x from 4.2

Please guide.

Thanks

Bilal

If you had WCS, that management tool will tell you that its down.. the WLC only will tell you what up.  So unless you have a support contract and are able to download the 7.0.x code, then you should upgrade, but if not, then you just have to look to see which AP is missing.  You could always use a monitor tool that does a ping and setup monitoring that way if you don't have WCS.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Hi,

Is there any way we can put cap on per user anywhere in router, firwall or WLC?

Becuase from shared pipe, when one user sucks the bandwidth others have to say suffer.

Please guide where should i limit that per user.

Thanks

Bilal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: